Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Leather Learning Series
It is a three-part series to educate brands and retailers on the many aspects of leather, its production, and where it comes from.
View the webinar material for parts 1 and 2 in the webinar archive on this page.
Join us for Part Three on Leather Production in September 2020 (date TBD)
Leather Learning Series – Part 2 – Leather’s Connection to the Farm
June 23, 2020
Leather’s Connection to the Farm featured stories from and about the source of leather – the farm. The webinar speakers introduced the regenerative grazing and its benefits to farmers, soil, and livestock; explained how cattle farming practices can be environmentally sound, socially responsible, and economically viable; revealed environmental and social challenges of farmers in Brazil, and more. To learn more, please access the recording, the presentation, and the transcript of the Q&A.
- Pablo Borrelli, Co-founder of Ovis 21, EOV Program Manager at Savory Institute
- Charton Jahn Locks, Associate Founder and CEO, Aliança da Terra
- Mariano Salerno, Director, Sustainable Products Development, ACDI
- Kaley Segboer, Certification Framework Manager, Canadian Round Table for Sustainable Beef (CRSB)
Leather Learning Series – Part 1 – The Inherent Sustainability of Leather
April 14, 2020
The Inherent Sustainability of Leather focused on describing the fundamentals of leather – its value as a material, its natural sustainability, and a discussion on its role in a circular economy. We would like to thank the webinar speakers and participants for an engaging and well attended event.
- Anne Gillespie, Director of Impact Acceleration – Textile Exchange
- Stephen Sothmann, President – Leather & Hide Council of America
- Kerry Senior, Director – Leather UK
- Egbert Dikkers, Chair – Leather Naturally
Traceability in the Leather Production Supply Chain webinar
March 31, 2020