Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Webinar: Leather Impact Accelerator (LIA) 0.1 Launch + Pilot Year. January 12, 2021
The LIA team at Textile Exchange launched version 0.1 of the Leather Impact Accelerator for a full year of piloting and implementation in 2021.
Watch the recording of this webinar to learn about how the different components of LIA work and how you can participate, whether you are a brand or retailer, supply chain member, or a farmer.
Leather Learning Series
It is a three-part series to educate brands and retailers on the many aspects of leather, its production, and where it comes from.
Leather Learning Series – Part 3 – Leather Processing: Stages, Challenges, Solutions
October 13, 2020
In Part 3 of the Leather Learning Series, our speakers shed light on the stages of leather processing, environmental and social challenges, chemical management, and available solutions in the sector.
- Michael Costello, Group Director of ESG at Stahl
- Fernando Bellese, Chief Sustainability Officer at PrimeAsia Leather Company
- Dr. Julian Schenten, Senior Researcher at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
- Deborah Taylor, Managing Director, Sustainable Leather Foundation
Leather Learning Series – Part 2 – Leather’s Connection to the Farm
June 23, 2020
Leather’s Connection to the Farm featured stories from and about the source of leather – the farm. The webinar speakers introduced the regenerative grazing and its benefits to farmers, soil, and livestock; explained how cattle farming practices can be environmentally sound, socially responsible, and economically viable; revealed environmental and social challenges of farmers in Brazil, and more. To learn more, please access the recording, the presentation, and the transcript of the Q&A.
- Pablo Borrelli, Co-founder of Ovis 21, EOV Program Manager at Savory Institute
- Charton Jahn Locks, Associate Founder and CEO, Aliança da Terra
- Mariano Salerno, Director, Sustainable Products Development, ACDI
- Kaley Segboer, Certification Framework Manager, Canadian Round Table for Sustainable Beef (CRSB)
Leather Learning Series – Part 1 – The Inherent Sustainability of Leather
April 14, 2020
The Inherent Sustainability of Leather focused on describing the fundamentals of leather – its value as a material, its natural sustainability, and a discussion on its role in a circular economy. We would like to thank the webinar speakers and participants for an engaging and well attended event.
- Anne Gillespie, Director of Impact Acceleration – Textile Exchange
- Stephen Sothmann, President – Leather & Hide Council of America
- Kerry Senior, Director – Leather UK
- Egbert Dikkers, Chair – Leather Naturally