- This event has passed.
Traceability in the Leather Supply Chain Webinar Series
May 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
Responding to the increased interest in traceability, Textile Exchange will continue its Leather Learning Series with a sequence of webinars focused on traceability in the leather supply chain.
What to Expect from the Leather Learning Series on Traceability:
The first webinar, “Understanding Traceability and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Traceability Guidelines,” will provide general knowledge about traceability and will focus on the work carried out by the UNECE on traceability for the garment and footwear sector.
When: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 | 8 am MT | 10 am EST | 4 pm CET
- What traceability is and how it can be addressed in a supply chain.
- How traceability is addressed through the Leather Impact Accelerator.
- Challenges for traceability at the farm level: from birth farm to slaughterhouse.
- Updates from the UNECE on traceability in the garment and footwear sector.
- Q&A session.
- Callie Weldon, Standards Specialist/Textile Exchange
- Deborah Taylor, Managing Director/Sustainable Leather Foundation and UN Consultant/United Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- Josefina Eisele, Director for Latin America/Global Roundtable for the Sustainable Beef and Farm Impacts Lead/Textile Exchange
- Nicole Lambert, Tools Development Coordinator/Textile Exchange